TWINLOC - a quantum leap in connecting technology
GUTMANN TWINLOC was designed to connect mullions and transoms for vertical curtain walls, or purlins and rafters of wooden roof structures with wood face widths ranging from 50 mm to 80 mm. In Germany, those types of connectors may only be used if their load-bearing capacities are proven in non-ambiguous calculations. GUTMANN TWINLOC connectors fully meet the requirements of the Building Inspectorate Approval for mullion-transom and purlin-rafter connections. General Building Inspectorate Approval Z-9.1-682.
This allows GUTMANN to offer the involved woodworking companies the security of an approval for narrow winter garden wood roof structures as is required for load-bearing components in winter garden roofs.
The easy-to-assemble technology is another advantage. Previously, the customary connectors consisted of various individual parts and different materials. This GUTMANN product is made from one basic form. Then two individual parts are mirrored and hooked to one another.
System product description/features
- Extremely sturdy due to perfect form and force fits.
- Increased load-bearing capacity using simple means.
- Easy to assemble: The transom is hooked in from the side or inserted from the rear.
- Quick connection: The central connecting bolt secures in all three dimensions.
- Versatile applications: Several connector lengths to suit the transom height.
- Easy to assemble with drill and mill template.
- Precise fitting: Depth stop via transom milling.
- Perfect visual design: Concealed framework on three sides.
- Closed joints by tightening only one screw to full connector length.
- Easy to mount: Two identical connector parts.
- Identical mounting for single and double connections.
- Shear plates provide torsional protection against off-center glass load.
- Guaranteed stability.
Maximum Glass Loads for Vertical Curtain Wall
- Max. glass weight 1 : 326 kg
- For two standard model connectors
Permissible Stress on Vertical Curtain Wall
- Air permeability 1 : 8,12 Kn
- Tensile load 1 : 5,89 Kn
- For one connector